Orthodontics for Children in Frederick, MD
Drs. Bloom and Reddy recommend that children visit our Frederick orthodontic office at around seven years of age. This allows our orthodontists to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and without extractions and surgery.
Early orthodontic care (Phase I treatment) is designed to treat oral and digital habits (thumb sucking and tongue thrusting), crossbites, underbites, severe dental crowding, and severe protrusion of the front teeth.
Does your child need orthodontic treatment?
The best way to know if your child could benefit from early orthodontic treatment is to schedule an appointment at our Frederick orthodontic office. If you notice any of the following symptoms, don’t hesitate to call.
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
At Bloom & Reddy Orthodontics, we strive to give all of our patients and their parents personalized attention. Our orthodontists will see your child before and after each appointment and provide you with updates along the way. It is our goal to make orthodontic treatment as comfortable, efficient, and positive as possible.